Translate

Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Last Leg

I'm very familiar with writer's block. What I'm not familiar with is that sudden rush of inspiration that hits like a damn Mack truck and floods your brain to the point of short-circuiting it.
I'm almost done with Moonlight & Stained Glass. When I started Chapter 13, I got one of those inspiration-rushes. Now, I had a beginning and an ending in mind when I started this. I also had some of the events that occur in the body of the story in mind. I did not plan how I was going to write these things, I just figured I'd cross that bridge when I got to it.
When the scenes started playing in my mind one after another I was incapable of writing for about half a day because I had to sort through the events and put the images into detailed words. The rush is still going and I'm nearly done with Chapter 14 after just having posted Chapter 13 yesterday.
Inspiration thy name is obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment