Translate

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

...Did I Really Do This...?

Did I really just publish a full-length novel?

Yes. Yes, I did. After 22 years of life on this planet, I finally accomplished something with this brain of mine. Wow.

I don't really know what to think right now.

Three months of writing, one of review and revision, and one spur of the moment decision to reach for the stars...and here I am. A (self)published author.

Am I afraid to catch flak like so many other self-published authors do? OF COURSE! Jeez, I'm confident not cocky. I'm scared to death that the overwhelming consensus from the public will be that I should never put pen to paper...er keyboard to screen(?) ever again. Now don't get me wrong. I can handle a bad review. As a matter of fact I WANT at least one bad review.

Why? Because I know I've done my job as a writer. Not every reader will love every story they read. We all have our preferred genre and niche and so on. I don't trust books that lack negative reviews, because to me it screams that the reviewers were hand-picked by the author or publisher.

Could I say that I feel a little less sane as of clicking "save & publish" and still have my readers love me?

Btw, I love you all and really truly don't think I could have done this without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment