Translate

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sometimes...

I feel evil.

Like when certain things happen in my stories, and I'm just like "Mwahahahahaha!"

Hmmm, but really I don't mean for my characters to get hurt or upset. What happens just happens. For me, it is the natural flow of the story line.

Kind of like the characters themselves. Some people hold fast to the belief that author's write characters in their own image or in the image of a loved one. I disagree with this sometimes. I don't create the characters so much as I...find them. It's like they already existed, and I just happened to think about them and got to know them until I could get into their head. Perhaps, that is why I enjoyed writing fanfiction before I pursued writing original pieces.

For instance, Ewan is most definitely NOT written in my image. I'm short, curvy, and most definitely NOT a snowboarder or skier. Thus, I find I am having somewhat of a hard time figuring out how he will act or react to certain occurrences. I do plan to rectify one thing though, as I am planning a skiing/snowboarding trip with my best friend/sister. ^_^ We also will be eating at Eske's which is mentioned in the story. It is a real pub & grill which I fell head over heels in love with when I ate there for St. Patrick's day last year.

Forgive my rambling. I really wanted to let you all know that I'm going to be working on the character profiles, and I plan to include as many extras as possible so keep an eye out for interesting tidbits about your favorite characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment